- This is embarrassing, but I want to break the habit of picking my nose.
- Lead E1. Same rules as last year.
- Take 1000 practice falls. Starting with top-rope falls, and building up to lead falls, then building up to longer and longer lead falls.
- Take the assessment for the Mountain Leader award (I did the training in 2015).
- Read 26 books this year. Because 52 is too much for me without gaming the system, and I want to read longer and deeper books this year. You can follow my progress on Goodreads.
- Read and return all the books I've borrowed from other people. Have I borrowed a book from you that's not on that list? Please let me know about it!
- Get my weight down to 65kg.
How have I done on the previous year? My 2017 resolutions were:
Lead E1Fail. I did attempt a few E1s, and I am climbing a bit harder.
Get my body fat below 10% and maintain a sub-70kg weight until the end of the year
Yes, I did do that! My low point was below 66kg, and my weight was below 70kg before NYE. I was slightly above 70kg this morning, but meh.
Donate 10% of my after-tax income to effective charities
Read 52 non-children's books
Go to bed before 11pm 90% of the time
Total epic fail. But I think I have got a bit a bit better at going to bed before midnight and getting up at 7.30, though I still struggle to leave the house in a timely fashion.
2/5 - not great, but could be worse. On the other hand, I did achieve two big things that weren't on the list: I started a new job in April, which so far is going much better than the previous job, and I finished writing the report for my Kyrgyzstan expedition.This entry was originally posted at https://pozorvlak.dreamwidth.org/181278.html. Please comment wherever and however is most convenient for you!